What should I do when my Fayetteville home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system shields your home – and your family members – against the many risks you may encounter, like break-ins, fire, and carbon monoxide leaks. Although your home may be prepared, that doesn’t mean you are. Do you understand what to do if your Fayetteville home alarm system goes off? The sound of an alarm is likely to be startling, confusing, and may cause panic. Your best bet is to stay calm and abide by these simple tips.
Steps to Take Whenever Your Home Alarm System In Fayetteville Triggers
It’s a scenario nobody wishes to encounter, but it’s also why you installed a home alarm system from the outset. You’re roused in the wee hours of the morning with the unmistakable blaring of an alarm after a security sensor has been triggered. Now what is your next move?
- Try not to panic. This is simple to say but harder to accomplish when your home security alarm is blaring, and your pulse is beating rapidly. But keeping a cool head is the best way to assess what’s going on. Avoid the impulse of trying to handle the emergency on your own but instead let your monitoring specialists and first responders carry out their job.
- Protect your family members. Your priority should be your loved ones and getting them to safety. In the event of a break-in, this might involve moving to an appointed secure area as far from entrances as possible. Chances are your alarm immediately deterred the trespasser, but it’s always better to be safe than sorry. If there’s smoke or a fire, you ought to exit your residence right away.
- Grab your cell phone. Nowadays, the majority of people have their smartphones at all times, but you may forget to grab it during a crisis. It’s a good thing to have. You’ll have the opportunity to keep in contact with your monitoring specialists and obtain updates through your home security app.
Connect With Your 24/7 Monitoring Team
The moment your home alarm system in Fayetteville goes off, your 24-hour monitoring professionals will instantly act. Their first step is to verify your alarm, and that involves communicating with you. The procedure they abide by is based on the sort of emergency. For example, when a medical emergency is triggered, a single effort will be made to contact you before first responders are sent out. If you’re dealing with an intrusion - the most frequent sort of event - a monitoring specialist will follow these procedures to get in touch with you:
- An attempt will be made to communicate with you via the central command panel. You will usually be asked for a passcode.
- If that effort isn’t successful, a call is made to your main contact number.
- An alternate number or first emergency contact is tried next.
- If there still isn’t an answer, area police are dispatched.
- Your monitoring agents will attempt to reach you again once authorities are alerted.
If you're not in a situation where you can interact with monitoring staff, don't worry. Help will still be dispatched even if you're not available to confirm the emergency.
Get prepared for any situation with a Vivint home alarm system in Fayetteville
Get prepared for any crisis with a contemporary home alarm system in Fayetteville from Vivint. Contact (479) 364-5616 to start customizing your home’s defense today.