How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Fayetteville smart home
At the center of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub incorporates your security sensors, cameras, locks, and thermostats into a cohesive system. This intuitive, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel places you in full control of your Fayetteville home’s security and automation. Learn more about how it will help you and find tips to get started.
What can you do with the Vivint Smart Hub in Fayetteville?
Connecting wirelessly to components via radio wave signals and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your residence. You may arm your system, program lights, update the thermostat, and more. When incorporating a video doorbell, you may even chat with visitors standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub includes built-in cellular connectivity and a backup battery to ensure reliable performance. It also offers convenient remote operability with the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s an idea of the duties you can carry out:
- Review current or recorded footage from your connected security cameras
- Disarm or arm your home’s security
- Switch lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Modify your thermostat’s temperature
- Speak directly to monitoring professionals
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Fayetteville by implementing schedules or creating rules. For example, you could have your smart thermostat automatically adjust every night at a certain time. Or, you can set rules like having your doors unlock if the smoke detector goes off.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your security system
Before you jump into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll want to know how to arm and disarm your system. It’s easy - just follow these instructions:
- Touch the shield icon on the home screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay signifies you will still be present inside your home and arms all sensors excluding interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away signifies you will be leaving, and all sensors in your home will activate.
- To disarm, simply slide down the shield icon and enter your PIN.
You’ll notice a warning if something is preventing the system from arming. For instance, an open window or door will prompt you to act. It’s worth noting that you may still arm your home’s security by using the instructions above. You will then have to verify that you would like to circumvent the sensor that isn’t engaged.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Fayetteville
Despite the fact that various users can be entered when you first get your system, you will likely want to add or remove a user down the road. Here are instructions to do so.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right-hand side of the main screen.
- Touch “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Press “Name,” enter the user’s name, and hit the Next button.
- If you would like to provide the user remote access, choose email or phone and submit the info to send an invitation.
- Choose Next and then create a PIN for the new user.
- To delete a user, go to the menu, touch users, pick the user you wish to get rid of, and then tap “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Do you want to take charge of your home’s security and automation through an intuitive touchscreen interface? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Fayetteville home security system. Dial (479) 364-5616 to learn more.