Are wireless smart homes in Fayetteville a good idea?
In the relatively recent past, home security systems were limited to wired components linked through a drawn-out installation process. Those days are gone. Wireless technology has reinvented the market and opened up a multitude of possibilities for residents.
Are you wondering if a wireless smart home in Fayetteville is a good option for you? Find out what you need to know about going wireless.
What to know before going wireless
The core of any wireless network is a sound internet connection. Dependable, fast internet and a high-quality wireless router are the main ingredients you’ll need. If you haven’t replaced your router in quite some time, consider making the change now to benefit from the latest performance advancements.
If you dwell in a location without trustworthy fast internet or cellular coverage, you could be better suited with a hard-wired installation. Or, if you relocate to a house that is already wired for home security, it could be sensible from a financial standpoint to stick with that setup.
Internet and utility outages can occur no matter where you live. To address this concern, look for security solutions with battery and cellular backups to keep you connected.
What are the benefits of a wireless smart home in Fayetteville?
Protecting your home against common risks like break-ins and fire is the primary objective of any home security system. You can do this with wired and wireless systems, but if you want to utilize the newest innovations, a wireless smart home is your best choice. When you install a wireless system, you can benefit from the following:
● Remote access: Would you appreciate being able to secure your doors or scan live video from your mobile device? A wireless smart home provides a level of access you’ve never experienced previously. You can remotely inspect or change any system components, such as your smart thermostat or lights.
● Instant alerts: You can not only access your system, but it can also reach you. If a device is activated, an update will be dispatched instantly to your mobile device app. You’ll always be notified when something happens, no matter your location.
● Flexibility and scalability: Different from wired devices, you can place wireless alternatives just about anyplace. Would you like to have a video camera on your shelf or in your nursery? You got it! It’s also straightforward to remove or add components from your wireless smart home.
Potential disadvantages of wireless systems
Despite the fact that wireless smart homes in Fayetteville have proven safe and effective, there are a few potential shortcomings. You might give thought to the following:
● You might need to replace batteries. If you use battery-powered devices, there’s always the potential for failure when the battery dies. However, smart components will notify you when the battery is depleting and often last for years without needing a replacement.
● Device placement. There may be a limit on how far you are able to place wireless sensors away from the centralized command hub. This isn’t a problem in most homes, but you need to find out about the limit prior to moving forward.
● Threat of online hacking. Just like other computer networks, the potential of hacking exists. But you can greatly lower this risk by using secure passwords, always updating default settings, and choosing routers with built-in security.
Customize your Vivint wireless smart home in Fayetteville today!
Benefit from everything a wireless smart home can offer by designing your own with a Vivint representative today. You’ll enjoy being able to monitor and control your Fayetteville security system from anywhere. Reach out to (479) 364-5616 to begin.